Pasta with Vegetables
(Basking Ridge, New Jersey)
Carrots, Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Spaghetti Sauce and Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti Noodles.
1. Boil water on the stove. Add salt to add taste to the pasta and to lessen sticking while cooking.
2. As the water is boiling, dice one carrot stick, one bell pepper, and one small tomato.
3. When water is done boiling, add pasta, green bell peppers and carrots.
4. Boil for 6-10 minutes, depending on how well done you like your noodles. Thin pasta such as spaghetti or angel-hair pasta should take no more than 5-6 minutes, while penne pasta or rotini should take about 7-9 minutes.
5. Once pasta and vegetables are cooked, drain the water and return to the stove. add diced tomatoes.
6. Add any pasta sauce you choose and enjoy!
Meat Free Spaghetti
Onions, garlic, carrots, celery, red peppers, green peppers, add tvp tomato sauce served over whole wheat noodles. Yum, yum!